March On Arkansas & Me Too Event

21558821_268217373691121_8709194842329769479_n

LITTLE ROCK – Gwen Combs, congressional candidate and lead organizer of last year’s Women’s March for Arkansas, has announced plans for an anniversary event – March On Arkansas – that will be followed by a fundraiser featuring a Me Too panel and candlelight ceremony.

“In 2017, we marched, rallied, held vigils, wrote letters, made phone calls and showed up. Now it’s time to put on those marching shoes once again for the #WeekendOfWomen and #MarchOnArkansas,” Combs said. “Across the nation, all signs point to 2018 being the year that progressive women are voted into office. We hope the 7,000 Arkansans who marched on our state Capitol last year will join us again on January 20, 2018 as we #MarchOnThePolls.

“We are turning over decision-making power to the people and empowering them to set the agenda for elected officials and candidates as we flip seats across Arkansas and the United States,” Combs said.

Lineup will begin at 11 a.m. at the corner of West Capitol and South Pulaski in Little Rock. RSVP here: bit.ly/MarchOnArkansas18Tix. At noon, participants will march to the Capitol, where they will support the kickoff of the 8th Annual Rally for Reproductive Justice.

There, speakers will address topics such as the importance of sex ed and LGBTQ health, DACA and immigrant justice, civil liberties and the legal system, and public education and the Little Rock School District. RSVP here: bit.ly/RJRally8

After the rally, Combs’s supporters are invited to gather at The Studio Theater, 320 W 7th Street, Little Rock, for a #MeToo panel discussion and audio book signing with Shirley Marie Johnson, who has spent years advocating for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. RSVP here: bit.ly/GwenCombsMeToo

Designed by Reinhold Technology Solutions