26 New Sexual Abuse Allegations

Bishop Anthony B. Taylor

Bishop Anthony B. Taylor released a letter on Tuesday updating the people of the Diocese of Little Rock about the ongoing clergy sexual abuse crisis.

In it he states: “Since September 10th the Diocese has received 26 additional allegations, most of which were against priests already listed in last month’s letter, and none of which were against priests who are currently in active ministry in Arkansas.

In addition, all of these new allegations are regarding events that would have occurred before 2002. We have not had the time to investigate these new allegations thoroughly, but we have already offered assistance to those who have contacted us.”

In his letter, Taylor said the diocese is cooperating with a review the attorney general’s office has undertaken of the church’s handling of allegations received since 2002.

He also said work is set to begin next month on an assessment by a consulting group that has worked with other dioceses and specializes in child-abuse prevention, among other matters.     MORE

Designed by Reinhold Technology Solutions